The RadBeacon App is the configuration utility for RadBeacon proximity beacons and is available for iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch) as well for OS X. With the RadBeacon app you can scan for nearby, configurable RadBeacons, display the settings for each RadBeacon and make modifications to those settings.
The RadBeacon App provides the following capabilities:
- Scan for Configurable Beacons
- Display Settings
- Update Settings
- Reset to Factory Settings
- Lock Settings
- Reboot to DFU Mode
- Calibrate Measured Power (iOS only)
- Measure Proximity (iOS only)
To check if your MacIntosh computer is capable of running RadBeacon for OS X, select About This Mac under the menu.
- Verify that the version number of your operating system is 10.9 or higher.
- Verify that you have Bluetooth 4.0 support by selecting System Report > Hardware > Bluetooth and checking that the LMP Version is 0x6.
If both of the above are true for your Macintosh computer, then you have all the minimum requirements to successfully run this software.